Listen on iTunes: goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Ryan Blair is a serial entrepreneur and self-made millionaire who had nothing to lose and everything to gain. At just 21 years old, Blair founded his first company, 24/7 Tech, and by the age of 34, he has founded and sold numerous businesses for hundreds of millions of dollars.
In August 2011, Blair authored the New York Times Best Seller, "Nothing To Lose and Everything To Gain: How I Went From Gang Member To Multimillionaire Entrepreneur." Uncensored and raw in his account of growing up in the face of adversity, Blair effectively imparts lessons learned from obstacles faced and provides a road map for entrepreneurial success.
His biggest endeavor yet has been the overhaul of ViSalus Sciences, a company that manufactures weight loss and nutritional supplement products. Blair originally sold the company, but within just a few months, due to the recession, ViSalus was within one month from having to declare bankruptcy. As CEO, Blair went all-in, personally investing his last million dollars on a new business model that would later revolutionize the 118 billion dollar direct selling industry. In just 21 months, ViSalus went from 600,000 to 30 million dollars in monthly sales and is still climbing.
Blair regularly appears as a business expert on national television networks such as CNBC, MSNBC, and Fox. He has also been featured in major publications including Fortune Magazine, BusinessWeek, Forbes Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. Blair is also a contributor for the Financial Times and took a turn in movie production serving as Executive Producer of Man in the Glass: The Dale Brown Story, an award winning documentary about the legendary LSU Basketball Coach.
Blair's captivating story was also a bestseller in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and Inc. Magazine, amongst others. Through a candid and unfiltered voice, Nothing to Lose speaks to everyone, from struggling youth to thriving businessmen alike, illustrating how to turn failures into successes.
- Ryan’s Journey (Gang members, a violent father, family in jail and his first kiss dying in a drive by, right through to starting and running multi-million dollar companies)
- Ryan’s Books - Rockbottom to Rockstar and Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain.
- Unintended consequences of negative reenforcement
- Seeing obstacles as opportunities
- Humility, ego, self assuredness and insecurity
- Going Bankrupt
- #one project
- The impact of AI on improving learning outcomes and education, especially for children with traditional learning disabilities
- Don't believe your own hype
- Focus on knowing when to say "no"
- How Steve Jobs helped Ryan through his darkest moments
- How to instill hunger and humility in children growing up in the Hollywood Hills with a Ferrari in the driveway
- Why you should ask good questions
- Ryan’s Top 3 pieces career advice
- Man In The Glass documentary
Ryan’s Website - www.ryanblair.com/
Ryan’s Twitter - twitter.com/RyanBlair
Ryan’s LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/ryanblair
Nothing to Lose: The Documentary - www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_Ng3Tul8g
Ryan’s first book: Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain - www.amazon.co.uk/Nothing-Lose- Everything-Gain-Multimillionaire/dp/1591845998
Ryan’s second book: Rock Bottom to Rock Star - www.amazon.com/Rock-Bottom-Star-….../dp/1101980559
Steve Jobs blog - www.ryanblair.com/how-steve- jobs-helped- me-through- my-rock- bottom-moment/